It’s easy to apply; takes 10 minutes to get done and lasts for 8 weeks, but how true are these words? Let’s dig in and find out the real truth from people who have used this dye for some years now. So how long does Just For Men last?
Just For Men hair dye typically last for roughly 3 to 4 weeks, but it will start fading around the second or third week after application. However how long it lasts can be affected by many factors, like how long you allowed it to stay on hair before washing off and how often you wash and take care of your hair.
Also, here in this post am going to show you the proper step by step guide to apply Just For Men hair dye, things to watch out for, how to care for it properly and some tips that could help you to make it last longer.
So let us get started, but before then for those who are new to this brand of hair dye see how reputable the brand is:
Before then Read This:
- Can A Receding Hairline Grow Back Again?
- Does Hair Dye Expire? Learn From My Story
- Can Grey Or White Hair Turn Black Again Naturally?
- Why Does Hair Turn Gray? Experts Give 5 Reasons
- Head and Shoulders Ingredients: The Complete List
About Just For Men
Just For Men is a US-based hair products brand founded over 30 years ago, with its products flowing round over 17 states including the United States and the United Kingdom. They are dealers of hair dye designed to colour grey hair and some other hair and beard products.
Major Ingredients Found In Just For Men Hair Dye: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Ethanolamine, Ceteareth-20, 1,2,4-Trihydroxybenzene, p-Phenylenediamine, N,N-Bis(2-Hydroxyethyl)-p-Phenylenediamine Sulfate, Fragrance, Manganese Sulfate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, m-Aminophenol, p-Aminophenol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Erythorbic Acid, 2-Methyl-5-Hydroxyethylaminophenol, Sodium Sulfite, Etidronic Acid.
Usage Guide and Precautions
Just for men doest damage hair like the producer and most reviewers said, but there are thing you should be cautioned about.
- You may be allergic to some dye. So It is highly recommended that before you apply any hair dye make sure you perform an allergy test 48 hours before the real or full application.
- If you allow the product to stay longer on hair you will end up getting the whole hair to darken instead of the natural-looking hair you want to achieve.
- This advice goes to women, Never you try to use Just for men on previously bleached or highlighted because the result can’t be predictable.
Tips To Make Your Hair Dye Last Longer
There are no laid down tweaks that can prolong how long Just For Men will last. But there are a few things you can do and avoid as well to get everything smooth and exciting.
- Just like other hair dye products, the use of shampoo designed for coloured hair after application can help it to last longer.
- Some men love to dye hair before getting their haircut. I won’t personally recommend this, because dying hair after barbing looks more fresh and sweet especially at the shape up point.
- Swimming pool lovers hear me now, I know you are aware that the water you swim in now and then is full of chlorine which is relatively bad for any coloured hair. You should wear a swim cap before entering the pool and shampooing after leaving the pool.
Best Step By Step Guide To Apply Just For Men Hair Dye
What you need to get started are made available in the pack; only bowl, small toothbrush and old clothes for cover-up are what you need to add up.
- Put on your gloves and old clothes to cover yourself from dye stains.
- Squeeze the product from the tube into the bowl, stir to mix properly, then leave it exposed for 3-5 minutes.
- Use the small brush to distribute the hair paste evenly all over grey hair areas and then brush it up. Leave it for 2 minutes before applying to other parts that are less grey.
- If you want a dark colour, leave it for at least 10 minutes so it can cover all your hair properly and making it to last longer as well. But If you want a more natural look then I recommend you leave it for just 5 minutes.
- Wash out the hair dye then shampoo, then wash again till the water runs clear.
This technique has been working very fine for me because I use it on all of my clients no matter the type of dye. Trust me they were al happy with the result.
But if you don’t have a helping hand and finds it easier to use the comb method recommended. Feel free to fix the provided comb in the pack unto the tube, squeezing the paste gently it into the comb then gently comb the hair starting from the areas with more grey hair.
Can a Woman use Just for Men Hair Dye?
Just because it is designed for men doesn’t mean a woman cant use it as well, However, if the hair is long you will need two packs of just for men hair dye to get everywhere covered. I have a friend who has used it without side effect. I will as well try it on some of my clients soon.