Buying quality hair dye and applying it the way it should be done, isn’t a big problem.
The problem is getting a hair dye that can last for a satisfying period. Color today, wash tomorrow, fade next tomorrow is what nobody wishes. Now let’s discuss arctic fox hair dye.
How long does arctic fox hair dye last? Arctic fox hair dyes are semi-permanent, and in as much as this is concerned, the durability depends on so many factors. But on a normal stand, Arctic fox hair dye lasts for as long as 3-4 weeks before it starts fading out.
Factors that affect how long it lasts include: how often you wash your hair, how long you leave the dye on hair before washing off, styling tool, maintenance routine, and how much you expose the hair to the sun.
In this post, I will give you some tips to maintain your colored hair the right way.
So stay tuned.
- 40+ Brilliant Color Ideas For Women with Curly Hair.
- Can White Hair Turn Black Again Naturally?
- Can I Dye My Hair While Am Pregnant?
Which Color Of Arctic Fox Hair Dye Last Longer?
The orange, blue, red, and pink color stays bright and vibrant for at least four weeks or more before it starts fading into pastel shade.
Currently, there are over 17+ different colors of Arctic fox dye available at the market (online and offline).
Also, check out how long the arctic fox competitor (splat hair dye) last on hair.
Tips To Make Your Hair Dye Last Longer
1. Wash Hair Clean With Shampoo Before Application: Never make the mistake of applying hair cream or conditioner before applying arctic fox hair dye of any hair color.
How can someone complain that the color didn’t last or probably didn’t color well when the dye was applied on a hair that is kinda sealed.
You must get rid of residue, natural build-up like heat, and dirt with a clarifying shampoo before applying any hair dye.
2. Leave Hair Dye On Hair For At Least 15-60 Minutes: Instruction states that you should let it sit on your hair for at least 60 minutes before rinsing for it to transform correctly.
Always remember to do a patch test or strand test to see how you or your hair reacts to it; this is if you haven’t used arctic fox hair dye before.
3. Wash With Cold Water: Ever since I started my career as a stylist, I have never used warm water to rinse my client’s hair after applying dye. It’s one thing that has kept some hair color to stay blazing after weeks after application.
4. Don’t Wash Hair Frequently: If you want to retain the color for long, wash your hair twice or thrice at most a week.
Some users of Artic fox hair dye in my forum confirmed that washing hair two times weekly after applying dye made their hair color shine bright for as long as three weeks.
5. Avoid Some Hair Cream and Products: Maintaining color-treated hair isn’t much of a big deal; you just have to be conscious of what you give to the hair.
Some hair products contain ingredients that maintain your natural hair color. Applying it again on dyed hair is like asking the cream to remove the dye and reverse the hair color to natural.
That’s to say; there are products specially made for color-treated hair. And I think you should ask your colorist for recommendations based on the type of hair you have.
Lastly, always avoid clarifying shampoos(after coloring) and shampoos that contain sulfate.
6. Minimize The Use Of Hairstyling Tools: Hairstyling tools that make use of heat can strip off the hair color, you may not notice this, because it strips it off little by little.
We know some hair can’t do well without some of these heat styling tools. So instead of discarding, you should try to minimize how often you use these tools and be creative when styling.
7. Dye Again and Again: If you want to keep the color glowing for three years or as long as you desire, this final tip is for you. You just have to dye your hair when you notice that the color is fading.
Real Life Honest Review About Arctic Fox Hair Dye
Here are the 5 sure honest reviews about arctic fox hair dye I found on the internet. I am sure this is something you can’t afford to miss.
“I have medium to light blonde hair, and have been using Arctic Fox for the last year or so in Purple Rain and Poseidon. I wash my hair maybe twice a week and the color is fairly vibrant for the first three weeks at least.”- Reddit User
“The only downside about this product is that it washes off after each wash so by the 5th one it’s all gone from the hair. Although it may not stain the shower it does stain towels and pillowcase.” – Gaby on Ulta
“I would use Pravana again, but honestly, I love using Arctic Fox the most: the color is true, lasts a long time, fades nicely, smells great, and doesn’t break the bank.”- Reddit User
“I chose Arctic Fox because it’s vegan and seemed to get great reviews elsewhere. I was not disappointed. So far I’ve had this color in my hair for about 3 weeks, and I’ve washed my hair a few times.”- L. Rose on Amazon
“My daughter has dark blonde/ light brown hair. I don’t want to bleach her hair at her age so we tried this. It smells good….turned out good for the color of hair she already had. She is happy.”- QandR on Amazon
One sweet thing about this brand is that even when the color starts fading out, it still looks cute and pretty. Also, remember that hair dye works perfectly on blonde or fairly white hair.
Now this question goes to friends that have used this brand before; how long does Arctic fox hair dye last on your hair?
Or maybe you have something important to share with us.
Either way, do let us know by leaving a comment below right now and don’t forget to share.