Want some mind-blowing transformation curly girl method before and after results in image format? Then you are at the right place. Trust me, you won’t just see transformation result pictures, the routines is also attached even curly hair color ideas are also included. Now take your sit, scroll through and see if anyone here has same hair type as yours, follow his/her routines and you are set.
But before then,
We have a compiled list of the best curly girl friendly shampoo, I think you should go check it out and see for yourself. Trust me they are friendly to hair and to the bank. Hahaha.
Curly Girl Method Before and After
“I wash with Pacifica’s pineapple curls shampoo and conditioner. Then with soaking wet water, I scrunch all over making sure my hair is off my scalp. Then I put a palmful if HE totally twisted mousse all over, brush it, then I just scrunch it in. Then I put Aussie’s instant freeze gel (about a quarter size on each side of my head), brush it in, and scrunch it in. Then I take a t-shirt and scrunch out the extra water and product which forms a slight cast and makes diffusing easier. Then I diffuse on medium heat and medium air oh and of course scrunch out the crunch after with a t-shirt”- Hannah Nolan
Note: This is a round up post and collections of image of different gorgeous ladies and guys from different social media, that is to say all credits goes to respective individual featured in this blog post.
240 Days Curly Girl Method Result
- Shampoo with Shea Moisture Argan Oil & Almond Milk.
Condition with Tresemmé Botanique Nourish & Replenish, wash like half of it out then flip upside down and S2C.
- Scrunch in a handful of Dippity Doo xx-treme hold gel.
- Plop in a t shirt for ~30 mins and let air dry the rest of the way.
Literally had no idea my hair had any natural texture whatsoever until that first CG wash. Not having to blow dry my hair straight every day like I used to has been wonderful!- Source & Credits
She Went To Curly-Haired Studio To Get It Done.
I don’t have one yet because I just started but here is what they did:
- Innersense Hydrating Cream Bath.
- Innersense Hydrating Cream Conditioner: A LOT of this stuff and scrunching it in many sections.
- Innersense Quiet Calm Curl Control: They used this cream in sections and added a lot of water with it. Scrunch again.
- Innersense I Create Hold Gel: Used in sections with more scrunching.
- Scrunched with a microfiber towel.
- Diffuse it in 4 sections around the head.
One thing they stressed to me was to hydrate my hair! They kept adding water with the products still inside. I didn’t understand until I felt how soft my hair was after! It never felt like that before! Hope this helps- Source & Credits
One Year and Three Months With CG
Cleanse with Devacurl Original No Poo and Condition with Devacurl Decadence One Condition, all upside down.
In the shower (water off), I bend at about a 90 degree angle and brush my hair down towards the floor in a horseshoe shape around my head.
I apply Devacurl B’leave in through my hair by raking it through, making sure to run my hands through my roots upward to lift them off my scalp.
I then brush my hair toward the floor the same way, but this time only brushing through my ends so that they clump together without my roots sticking together.
I apply the Aussie Instant Freeze Gel with praying hands over my hair, and then I gently scrunch the clumps.
Then I start trying to get a lot of the water out of my hair, by bending so that the top of my head is facing the floor and scrunching my hair with more product in my hands completely upside down.
When I feel my hair has enough product, I move on to scrunching with a cotton t-shirt.
I then diffuse until mostly dry and then air dry the rest of the way when I start to lose patience. – Source & Credits
2 Weeks With CG method, No Heat Applied In Last 2 Years
Here’s the routine!
- Co-wash and detangle with Tresemmé Botanique with coconut and aloe vera.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Squish 2 condish with Tresemmé Botanique with coconut and aloe vera.
- Scrunch very wet hair Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie and then Herbal Essences curl scrunching gel.
- Plop with a t shirt for 20 minutes.
Air dry for a few hours and scrunch out the crunch- Source & Credit
Boy’s Curly Method Isn’t Excluded
Alright, here’s my routine, still tweaking a bit here and there but I think the results are alright already. Quick note: I’m from Germany, so I naturally use products available here.
- Shampoo: *Urtekram No Perfume Baby All-Over Wash Bio* \- technically it’s for babies but the amazon reviews all praised its use for the CG method and I have no complaints here. First, I tried washing my hair with conditioner only but I wasn’t too happy with it so I started using this as a shampoo.
- Conditioner: *Faith In Nature – Aloe Vera Conditioner* \- I apply it normally first and then do the squish to condish method, it’s insane how curly my hair gets after that. If you haven’t tried this method, make sure to do so!
- Apply some *flaxseed gel*, then I plop with a cotton t-shirt for about 10-15 minutes. After plopping my hair it loses its curls, maybe I’m just tying the shirt too tight idk, so then I do a little bit of the squish to condish motion (but with no product or water in my hands) to get the hair curly again.
- Let it air-dry
Flaxseed Gel Recipe:
Just cook 30g of flaxseed with 250ml of water for about 4 minutes, put your gel-flaxseed-mixture through a strainer and you’re done, it’s really simple. And I got 200g of organic flaxseed for 2€. Really, the only two disadvantages are that you can’t store it for long (about 2 weeks in the fridge) and the consistency makes it a little hard to get out of a jar, though you might be able to store it in a container where that problem doesn’t occur; I don’t know- Source & Credit
One Day With CGM (Awesome Result)
Since this was the first time I’ve tried CG, I decided to (mostly) stick to the beginner’s routine, just to be on the safe side, and branch out later. So I washed with the VO5 clarifying shampoo to start with.
Next, I washed my roots with the Tresemmé Boutanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner with Coconut Milk & Aloe Vera, and made sure to thoroughly rinse it out because I was worried about making my hair turn greasy — definitely my number one concern. After that, I conditioned my hair again, but this time only the strands, and then I flipped my head upside and used the squish to condish method (which makes me cringe every time I think the name lol). I did not rinse my hair again after that!
Next, while my hair was dripping, I added, like, two quarters-worth (the coin) of As I Am Curling Jelly, scrunching it in, before using a microfiber towel to scrunch some of the water out.
I plopped for 15 minutes, diffused for maybe 5 minutes , added a small dollop of gel, then let my hair down to airdry the rest of the way. I want to try clipping next time, I think, but I couldn’t figure it out for this go. Still, super pleased with the results! This is after sleeping on it last night with my hair up in the pineapple and on a silk pillowcase, because I’m fancy like that.- Source & Credits