While many parents opt for other forms of medications, the real remedy can also lie in routine and products like shampoo. So here, we have a comprehensive list of the best children’s shampoo for itchy scalp.
Like adults, children experience itching scalp, which can be very annoying to both parents and kids.
As we all know, itchy scalp can be caused by ringworm, dandruff, lice, dirty, dry scalp, and many more.
Please be aware that some itching scalp may require medical attention; if it affects the baby’s sleep, it may last longer than two weeks with pains, sores, and swellings that can make the baby cry.
But for less severe itching, these shampoos are formulated with powerful scalp infection-fighting ingredients that counter the symptoms and kill the fungi or bacteria responsible.
List of the Best Children’s shampoo for Itchy Scalp
Here’s a quick list of the best children’s shampoo for the itchy scalp;
- Anti Dandruff Shampoo for Kids Lavender & Tea Tree + Jojoba – Buy Here
- Everyone Kid Safe, Gentle, and Natural Shampoo – Buy Here
- The Honest Company Perfectly Gentle Sweet Orange Vanilla Shampoo – Buy Here
- Dr. Eddie’s Happy Cappy Medicated Shampoo – Buy Here
- Organic Baby Shampoo & Body Wash – Buy Here
- Daily Shampoo for Oily Hair and Oily Scalp Dandruff – Buy Here
- Fairy Tales Rosemary Repel Daily Kid Shampoo – Buy Here
- Eucerin Baby Wash & Shampoo – Buy Here
- Baby Dove Tip to Toe Baby Wash and Shampoo – Buy Here
- Shea Moisture Mango & Carrot Kids Extra-nourishing Shampoo – Buy Here
1. Natural Anti Dandruff Shampoo
The Tree-Free Natural hair shampoo, 8oz, Featuring the formulation, provides essential natural moisturization for children’s hair and scalp.
It is an effective shampoo with anti-dandruff properties that fight flacking and dandruff, promoting a healthy scalp.
- Jojoba Oil: Hydrates hair strands and promotes hair growth.
- It scents nicely.
- Lavender Oil: Soothe dry, itchy, and irritated scalp.
- Tea Tree Oil: Has antifungal, antibacterial, antiseptics, and lice deterring properties.
- Safe for daily use.
- It nourishes, cleans, protects dry and damaged hair.
- Suitable for all types of hair
- Provides moisturization
- Sulfate and paraben-free.
- This shampoo contains Tea tree oil, which is not friendly to eye contact.
You can stop itchy scalp and kill dandruff for good by using Everyone Shampoo for children. Most of the shampoo’s ingredients are plant extract, which is safe for sensitive scalp.
Besides, this shampoo comes in three packages ( the shampoo, body wash, and bubble bath). But you can purchase only the shampoo according to your need and budget.
- It is generally safe for everyone.
- Made with coconut and lemon juice for hard-hitting scalp and hair treatment.
- Everyone shampoo is cruelty-free, vegan-free, sulfate, and fragrance-free.
- This shampoo cleans, clarify and makes skin soft and shinier.
- The scent is lovely.
- 20.3oz, which can last for a relatively long time.
- Not suitable for everyday use.
The clinic tested Honest Company Sweet Orange Vanilla Shampoo is marked safe for children by Dermatologists.
It contains naturally derived ingredients that help cleanse and nourish the skin. It also clarifies build-ups without over-drying the hair and scalp.
- Ideal for everyday use
- It makes hair feeling clean, healthy, soft, and fresh
- Lathers very well for effective cleansing
- Promotes hair growth
- It scents like sweet orange vanilla, as the name implies and
- As expected, it is cruelty-free and paraben-free.
- It is not friendly on eye contact, so be careful with this.
4. Dr. Eddie’s Happy Cappy Medicated Shampoo for Children
Fight and chase away your child’s itchy scalp and infection with Dr. Eddie’s shampoo. The shampoo contains active ingredients that can wipe away flaking, redness, and skin irritation.
It is not that cheap, neither is it expensive, but the price is worth it because you will start seeing the result within one week of use.
- It’s gentle for kids with sensitive skin
- It is free of ingredients that can cause allergies.
- Ideal for children of all ages.
- It lathers, moisturizes, and washes the skin very well.
- Effectively fight bacteria and fungi responsible for itchy scalp and contains ingredients that relieve redness, irritation.
- Come in a small bottle, so it doesn’t last long for everyday use
- 21 Hairstyles For Toddlers With Curly Hair
- 17 Best Haircuts For Kids With Curly Hair
- 31 Galant Haircuts For Boys With Curly Hair
- 53 Gorgeous First Communion Hairstyles For Kids
5. Organic Baby Shampoo & Body Wash – Tear-Free Shampoo
This Organic Baby Shampoo can make your child’s hair and scalp healthy again if you use it religiously, and it’s a 2 in 1 shampoo.
Organic Baby Shampoo is entirely natural with no chemical ingredient, plus it is Tear-free and has a sweet natural scent.
- It is tear-free which is relatively safe on eye contact
- It has a pleasant scent
- The shampoo hydrates and nourishes the scalp
- The shampoo is hypoallergenic, which is safe for children with sensitive skin.
- Kids with any hair type can use it.
- Because it is 2 in 1, the price is relatively high but worth the price.
6. Daily Degrease Shampoo for Oily Hair and Oily Scalp Dandruff
The degrease shampoo of Rosemary Basil’s shampoos is suitable for itchy scalp caused by build-ups.
It is a safe shampoo you can rely on at any time. Moreover, this product has a 100% money-back guarantee; if you aren’t satisfied; then, you can return.
- The shampoo prevents over-drying, providing your child with a healthy scalp and smooth hair.
- Washes away oily and greasy excess build-up and restore a healthy scalp
- Stimulates hair growth and strengthen hair roots
- It works on any hair, and it’s ideal for everybody to use.
- This shampoo leaves your child’s hair feeling light and healthy
- Not ideal for everyday use because it can dry up hair and scalp
7. Fairy Tales Rosemary Shampoo for Lice Prevention
The Fairy Tales Lice Prevention Shampoo for kids is unique for Lice treatment, and as you know, Lice can cause itching scalp in children.
This shampoo contains Tea tree and Lavender oil, which helps fight fungi and bacteria responsible for itchy scalp and other scalp infections.
- It nourishes and promotes hair growth plus healthy scalp
- Prevents dandruff
- This shampoo is suitable for all types of hair
- Fairy tale shampoo plus the conditioner scents are excellent.
- Provides effective moisturization
- I don’t recommend this shampoo for kids with susceptible skin/scalp.
- Not suitable for everyday use
8. Eucerin Baby Wash & Shampoo
The Eucerin Baby Wash Shampoo made with an enriching formula helps nourish and moisturize baby hair. This shampoo contains zero harsh ingredients like alcohol and others.
Many mothers have good reviews for this shampoo; I believe this is going to be fresh for your kid.
- The shampoo has a mild scent
- Provides smooth and refreshing skin
- Good for everyday use
- Fights bacteria and fungi responsible for scalp and skin infection
- Valid for kids with itchy scalp and eczema
- It doesn’t lather well, and it doesn’t last very long because you will have to use more than the regular quantity.
9. Baby Dove Tip to Toe Baby Wash and Shampoo
Tear-free Baby Dove Shampoo provides essential nourishment to your kid’s skin, and it’s good for a baby of any age.
Most importantly, it is safe for kids with sensitive skin, tested, and clinically approved by a dermatologist.
- The shampoo is cruelty-free
- It has a lovely scent that can stay in your child’s hair all day long
- It doesn’t dry hair and skin
- Ideal for everyday use
- It comes with easy to use a bottle
- Suitable for kids of any age
- Can be delivered with shipping defect because the bottle is fragile
10. Shea Moisture Mango & Carrot Kids
Improve your child’s hair with Shea Moisture Mango and Carrot shampoo. However, this product comes in three packs ( the detangler 8oz, shampoo 8oz, and conditioner 8oz).
Feel free to buy all or just the shampoo, depending on your budget.
- Work effectively on curly hair
- The shampoo promotes hair growth
- It restores health and shines on the hair.
- With the help detangler, it will keep hair frizz-free and tangle-free
- Shea Moisture shampoo helps strengthen and Protect hair plus scalp
- Made with shea butter which is very good for the scalp
- This shampoo does not work on all hair types.
For a shampoo to work effectively on your kid’s scalp, you have to find out the cause of your child’s itchy scalp, pick one good shampoo for his hair type, and use it religiously.
Now I would love to hear from you:
Did you find our featured list of the best children’s shampoo for itchy scalp helpful?
Or maybe you have a lousy experience with any of these shampoos to share with us.
Either way, do let us know by leaving a comment below right now.